About Me

My photo
I am interested in learning more about family history and how my family fits into the history of the nation. This starts out with answers to questions from my daughter-in-law, Keri Hills. The first question is answered in the oldest post.

Mar 13, 2015

What is it like to live to be 80 years old?

Written by Mama- aka Emma A. Carson, 2010


What's it like to be 80 years old? Well that depend on who you talk to! Some are in nursing homes, long before 80- others are running marathons at 90!

Personally, 80 years old is my reward for living - from the worst depression in the history of America 
( I was born at the very beginning of the Great Depression) . I've seen many changes. Even in my home town. Used to be no rules- now too many rules.  I witnessed the old Indian women crying at the destruction of their tribal fishing area. I remember Coulee Dam being built and the Indian's heartache of losing more of their lifestyle to making life better for the Whites. I hate that!
 
I'm rewarded to live to see the beginning of the 3rd generation of my descendants. I've lived and loved well and continue to be loved by many people and my children and their off spring. I love them also.
 
My long term memory is good- my short term memory is adequate and I keep right on learning new things Now is my time to grow spiritually more than ever- enjoy the simple things of life and most of all, I am contented.

I'm ready for each day without fear of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment